It is finally here and happening, the 2020 Baseball/Softball Season here at Affton Athletic Association, as we begin the season there are a few things that will be affected. Please note that with the Covid-19 Pandemic we have had to make some changes and adjustments at the field and at the concession stands.
1. We have removed all seating options from our complex, spectators must provide their own seating.
2. We are asking that no tents be brought in for set up on the main concourse, with the limited space due to Social Distancing we will need all the room we can get to make sure all spectators have the seating room they need to enjoy the game, emergency vehicles and carts can proceed without impediment of large pop up tents. Tents will be allowed for the extension of dugouts for players to keep Social Distance and stay out of the sun. We encourage anyone needing protection from the sun, set up their chairs under the awnings between fields or bring an umbrella for personal shade.
3. No team coolers or coolers of any kind will be allowed in the park, 1 gallon water jugs or personal bottles of water will be allowed for individual players only, water is sold at our concession stand if needed.
4. The concession stands will be staffed with our team members only, due to Covid-19 we are not allowing buyout groups or volunteers to work in the stand. The reliance on buyout groups and volunteers is a big part of our workforce; without them we are limited on what we can cover in the concession stands. The main stand will have the most coverage with our team, there will be nights that we may not have enough team members to cover all 3 concession stands, we apologize for this but we will cover as much as possible.
5. With the limited amount of team members in our Concession stands, we have changed our menu and some items will not be available, this has been done to make sure every customer is served in the most expedient manner possible. The following changes below #6 and #7 will help in making your concession experience as quick as possible.
6. We have created a Beer Only window behind Field #3, this way if you are not purchasing food your line should move much faster, No food will be able to be purchased at this window.
7. We will have signs at the top of other windows letting you know what can be purchased at the window, some windows may be Non Beer windows, please look for the signs before waiting in line.
8. There are only two ways to enter the park, the main entrance and the back field entrance, the entrance between Fields #2 and #4 has been closed off for the time being.
Please know that we have made every effort possible to make your game experience as seamless as possible, there may be things that come up that we missed, if so please contact the Umpire in Charge, UIC, if you have any questions or concerns and we will do our best during this unprecedented time.
Thank you in advance for choosing Affton Athletic Association for making Summer memories on the field and at the park.
Good Luck, have fun and let's play ball!
ADULT FALL SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL REGISTRATION
Affton Athletic Association is accepting applications for Adult Fall Slow Pitch Teams June 26, 2020 thru August 31, 2020. The session will be 6 weeks long. We will have Men’s, and Co-Ed Leagues for Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday nights. 12 games (6 Doubleheaders) for a fee of $450.00.
A $100.00 non-refundable deposit required when registering. Deadline to register is August 31, 2020. If the deposit is not paid at registration, the team will be placed on a Waiting List and is not guaranteed to play.
Final payments are due August 31, 2020.
The season will start the week of Sept. 14, 2020
Game times for the leagues will be 6:30pm, 7:30pm, 8:30pm, 9:30pm.
Schedules will be posted online by Sept. 4, 2020
Spots are limited and all teams are taken on a first come first serve basis.
Click on the tab at the top of the page for information.
Chief Umpire: Rich Meier
Umpire training for the 2020 season will begin on 1-8-2020. Training will be held on Wednesday evenings from 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM until the end of March. Classes will be held in the meeting room across from the main office.
Umpires must be 13 to start training and be turing 14 during the season in order to be considered for employment
Please contact Richard Meier at 314-683-8489 or with any questions